Saturday, June 21, 2008

Wondering why this blog is called this?

I named this blog during a fit of frustration with most of the rest of the world. I can't remember what the problem was at the time but it seemed like one in a long line of "You've got to be kidding me!??" moments.

And then just when I was starting to think I was crazy and everyone else was normal you get stuff like this

Are

they

serious?

This is Reuters right? I didn't type the name wrong did I? Is Reuters not who I remember them being? I remember a Reuters that occasionally approached responsible journalism.

But surely this is just some sucker rookie reporter at one news outlet who managed to slip something past their fact checker right?

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong


In case you are wondering

1) It is possible to get significant power out of water. Just ask these guys. Sure maybe they have a mini-tokamak reactor in there even though the best fusion researchers in the world need a 6 meter radius to get net power output. Of course if you believe Bussard you can do it in 1 or 2.

2) Supposedly this car runs a 300 watt engine. Problems with this anyone? My car runs a 150000 watt engine. Granted my car is reasonably fast but I don't actually think it is 500 times more powerful than the engine in the car you see in the video.

3) I'm not saying this is impossible. Lots of things that seem impossible are real. But lets let at least a touch of peer review or actual demonstration take place before we go off 1/64th of the way cocked.

I'm not asking for much, just a ten hour test drive with a five gallon bucket of water. Or however much I need to keep me going for that long. What's that you say, you have to stop and replace the very battery-esque filters every five hours? Oh well then, I can see how that would eliminate the need for any real validation of you claims.

Carry on.

No comments: